Dental Office Patient Data Security & Encryption System
Every medical business should guarantee the security and confidentiality for patient information. Data stored on the server should allow quick access, moreover, safe and secure storage & preservation protected from any unintentional loss of data. The data storage shall not lose its integrity even under a hardware malfunction to the server computer. A server may be replaceable, however lost patient information, charts, and X-rays are irrecoverable. Dental offices that selected ARK Dental System as their IT solution provider have never experienced loss of patient information. ARK Dental System provides a three-tier backup system: server backup, offsite backup and backup cloud backup. ARK Dental System implements an Early Warning System to prevent any data loss, activating an early alarm once a security threat of data storage is detected. It may be impossible to achieve a 100% perfect backup system, however, any a 100% perfect backup system should be the goal of any IT solution provider. And ARK Dental System has that goal.
Why You Need A Professional
The following are incidents that actually occurred due to insignificant or under prepared data security and backup systems of servers.
- Servers are shutdown upon various reasons including blackout, where such shutdown often causes storage malfunctions.
- The absence of a backup system, or improper setup of a backup system causes loss of patient data, leaving the storage irrecoverable.
- Storage is the most vulnerable and insecure component of a server. That is why a single-tier backup system is insufficient.
- Only a 3-tier backup system, as minimum, can prepare you from an inadvertent disaster.
- Ransomeware is a type of hacking that encrypts files, rather than deleting files.
- A conventional backup system cannot protect your clinic’s valuable information from a ransomware attack. ARK Dental System‘s 3-tier encrypted backup system protects your data from general and advanced hacking attacks.
- Without a state-of-the-art backup system for the server, a conventional backup system would copy the entire data stored on the server every day.
- Such protocol imposes overload on the server, makes the server slower, causes insufficient backup and early shortage of storage space. The backup system provided by ARK Dental System is a state-of-the-art highly secure encrypted backup system, that identifies and backup files created or edited after the previous backup. Backups are made by date where if an abnormal backup is detected, a user can easily restore from backup files prior to the anomaly.
- The ability to quickly recover patient information under duress is another point of emphasis.
- Incidents where information, believed to be backed-up, cannot be recovered occur more often than not. A system that offers quick and full recovery is a truly reliable system. ARK Dental System is the only dental IT solution supplier that provides such a system, satisfying the needs of all customers.